Does the New Year mean a new health insurance company for your family? Or maybe your 14 year-old daughter asked if she could possibly see a female pediatrician. Whatever the reason you are searching for a new health care provider these guidelines may help you find the right practice:
- Choose an office located near home/work/daycare
- Ask other moms or your local pharmacist for recommendations
- Check out how easy it is to make an appointment: call and see how long you are on hold to speak to the office staff
- Make sure the office has separate waiting rooms for well and sick visits
- Look for an office that will grow with your family. They should have male and female clinicians for when your kids are older (and more modest).
- Size matters: offices with more than one doctor always have coverage, but you may not see the same provider in a large practice.
- Weekend hours are a huge plus! Also, ask whether the practice has convenient radiology and lab facilities.
- Ask about how the office approaches alternative treatments: do they stay up-to-date on the latest alternative treatments so they can offer sound advice, or do they ignore them?
The pharmacists all recommended the same practice and I couldn’t be happier with it!
– a BabyScience follower